Born and educated in London, Barnaby has always been interested in the built environment and how good design can positively impact on people’s lives. Formally educated in both interior design and architecture, Barnaby is able to bridge the gap between both disciplines to create cohesive, holistic spaces.
Employed for 13 years at Collett-Zarzycki, Barnaby amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience in the high-end, residential architecture and interior design field, working on some of London’s most prestigious residences.
Barnaby joined Terrarossa Project in 2019 bringing his experience and passion for furniture and interiors to the practice.
Images are taken from projects completed under previous employment.
BA (Hons) Dip ARCH
The level of interior-focused architectural services is naturally tailored to suit the requirements of each project but these can include any/all of the following:
Advising on the layout, design and feel of interior spaces, to include:
- Suggestions for internal spatial remodelling/adaptations to existing buildings/structures (i.e. if necessary);
- Layout options for principle areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, dressing rooms, bespoke joinery, etc.;
- Furniture plans;
- Mood boards;
- Finishes and materials samples
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT/DETAILED DESIGN /TENDER/CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION
Following approval of concept design(s) detailed drawings are developed for any/all areas as necessary but typically these would include:
- Agreed layout plans, setting out of internal partitions, setting out of mechanical/electrical services and lighting items (in conjunction with separate engineers/consultants where appropriate).
- 1:20 scale technical drawings of key internal areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and any bespoke joinery/furniture, plus additional details
of items such as fireplaces, doors, architraves, skirting boards, cornices, etc.
- Schedules/specifications for items such as sanitaryware, brassware, doors and ironmongery, appliances, internal finishes, paint colours,
- Issuing information for Tender, analysing returns, or liaising with contractor (if previously appointed) to agree costs/programme, etc.
- Supervising works, if necessary, to ensure fulfilment of design intent and to the highest standards;
- Commenting on rod drawings;
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers/sub-contractors;
- Answering site queries;
- Supervising specialist artisans/trades
- Periodical quality control inspections
FURNISHINGS, DRESSING AND STYLING
If necessary, managing the supply and installation of loose FF&E items; feature light fittings; window dressings; carpets
Assistance with styling, consulting on the dressing of interior spaces with artwork; accessories and antiques